COVID District Update 5
Friday, September 11, 2020
- Close contact description has been updated via Health Department: Anyone who has been within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for 15 minutes or more must quarantine themselves at home for 14 days from the last time they were with that person.
- As a reminder, please do not send your child to school if they have any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Digital Learning Academy students must remain an on-campus learner until approved by the Director of Schools to transition AND until the teacher tells the student they are ready to transition to the Digital Learning Academy.
- Digital Learning Academy students must log in daily and complete all assignments each day for all classes. Missed participation and assignment deadlines will count as an unexcused absence. 5 unexcused absences will result in truancy and the student must transition back to on-campus learning. (More requirements can be found in the post below.)
- At the end of the first 9 weeks, students who are failing any course will be required to transition back to on-campus learning.
- Digital Learning Academy students have a HelpDesk form available for them when issues arise with accounts or GCSSD equipment. Fill out a DL Academy HelpDesk ticket here: https://tinyurl.com/y5z2dk86
- DL Academy students may email their teacher at any time but please be aware that teachers have office hours and will return questions and needs during that time, not throughout the day as they are teaching on-campus learners.
- A Digital Learning Academy ‘Group’ will be created within Schoology to help streamline communication. Look for this Group to populate within your Schoology account soon.