Important Senior Information
The 20-21 FAFSA is now open. There will be a representative at our school on Tuesday evening, October 20th from 3-6 p.m. and on Wednesday morning, October 21st from 8-Noon to help any parent with the FAFSA.
What will I need to fill out the FAFSA?
To complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you will need:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- An FSA ID to sign electronically.
If you are a dependent student, then you will also need most of the above information for your parent(s).
- TN Promise
The TN Promise application deadline is Monday, November 2nd.
Any senior that is interested in taking the ASVAB needs to sign up in the counseling office by next Wednesday, October 21st.
- Cap & Gown
Greg Williams with Balfour will be here to talk to all seniors on Thursday, October 29th at 10:15 a.m. All seniors, including digital learners, need to attend the presentation. Digital Learners need to report to the front office no later than 10:10 next Thursday, October 29th. Seniors will be getting information on ordering their caps and gowns. Seniors that attend GCHS for the first 2 blocks of the day will come to the school at 11:30 for their meeting with Balfour.
- Senior Tailgate
The following week, on Wednesday, November 4th, we will be having a tailgate party for seniors from 11-1. All seniors, including Digital Learners, are invited to attend, and that is when students will actually place their cap and gown orders.
- Merrier Christmas Fund
Also, that same week, November 2nd – 5th, we will be taking up donations for our Merrier Christmas Fund. This will be a contest between the grade levels.