Students at Gibson County High School may participate in a wide variety of clubs and organizations including the following:
- Art Club - open to those students enrolled in art classes
- Athletics - Students may choose to try-out to play the following sports at GCHS: Football, Girls Basketball, Boys Basketball, Golf, Tennis, Baseball, Softball, Girls Soccer, Boys Soccer, Cross Country, Girls Volleyball, and Trap.
- Beta Club - a national academic/service organization open to sophomores, juniors and seniors who have an academic grade-point average of at least 93. The same exclusions apply as for Honor Roll.
- Cheerleading - Cheerleaders are chosen through a try-out procedure using a teacher evaluation and performance rating. The squad will cheer for varsity football and basketball.
- Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) - a national organization open to family and consumer science students only
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) - open to all interested athletes
- FFA - a national organization open to students enrolled in agriculture classes and/or students interested in pursuing an agriculture career
- Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) – a national organization open to students enrolled in business courses and/or students interested in pursuing a business career
- Home Economics Related Occupations (HERO) - a national organization open to students enrolled in food management, food services courses, and child care courses and/or students in pursuing a career in one of the aforementioned fields
- Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA) - a national organization open to students enrolled in health occupations courses and/or students interested in pursuing a career in the health field
- PEP Club - open to students who are interested in showing school spirit at athletic events
- Science Club - open to students who are interested in science and participating in science competitions
- SADD - Students Against Destructive Decisions - open to all students at GCHS who want to help themselves and others make positive decisions in terms of personal health and safety; traffic safety; and substance abuse including alcohol, drugs and tobacco.
- Skills USA - a national organization open to students enrolled in automotive technology, building trades, and metals technology courses and/or students interested in pursuing a career in one of the aforementioned fields
- Student Council - Each class elects representatives to the Student Council. The purpose of the Student Council is to create better school citizenship and to prepare students for their civic duties outside the school.