Mission & Beliefs
Consistently rated as one the top public school district in Tennessee, GCSSD provides all students with a rigorous and comprehensive academic experience, complemented by an extensive array of opportunities in the arts, activities and athletics.
Accountability is key in ensuring student achievement. The achievement of GCSSD students increases every year as measured by the state and independent indicators. But quality extends beyond data points. It is reflected in the myriad accomplishments of our talented students and is supported by critical partnerships and collaborations that are cultivated in Gibson County to ensure student engagement and success. You can see evidence of this success and accomplishment achieved through the hard work and dedication of our students and staff, supported by our GCSSD and Gibson County families and communities.
The mission of the Gibson County Special School District is to provide learning experiences through which every student will be well prepared for their life, education, and career.
Every student is engaged in a world-class education and extra-curricular experiences that successfully prepare each one for life through academic, social, and emotional learning.
- Students are our first priority. Every decision made and action taken must be based on the needs of our students.
- All students can learn and can be successful.
- We are committed to providing a safe, positive, and nurturing environment for all students, staff, and families in our district.
- Every student has access to rigorous instruction and high-quality programs.
- Education is a partnership among schools, families, and communities.
- Transparent and effective communication is valued and practiced.