GCSSD Provided Account Access
All students PreK-12 grade are provided a Gibson County Speical School District account. The provided account is safe and secure and allows students to connect to various programs and instrucitonal materials needed throughout their learning journey. This account gives them access to the following programs:
- Classlink - used to access online textbooks, assessment websites, etc
- Office365 Tools - used to access the Microsoft office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Outlook Email - 2-12 grade have a GCSSD email. Students can only email other @gcssd.org emails
- Microsoft Teams - used for video connection and file sharing platform for teachers and students
- PowerSchool Student Portal - used to view grades, attendance and schedule
If your student locks his/her account out, please contact your student's teacher and they will work with the proper person within the building to unlock the account. Please allow 24 hours for the unlock process.
Students will utilize Classlink, which is the district Single Sign-On (SSO) that will be used by students and staff to access digital curriculum/resource sites. This eliminates the need for a user to remember multiple usernames and passwords.
How to access classlink
Note: If you have more than one student in your home that is using ClassLink for Students, all browser windows will need to be closed before another student logs into ClassLink for Students.
- Before accessing ClassLink for Students, close all browser windows (Internet sites/pages) that are open.
- Open your browser and go to https://launchpad.classlink.com/gcssd
- Type your username + @gcssd.org in the Authentication Request box. (Example: firstname.lastname@example.org) Then type in your password. (In some instances, you may have to do this twice.)
A learning management system (LMS) that connects all the people, content, and systems that fuel education. Schoology is like a teacher's website or an extension of their classroom online. Announcements, special dates, pictures, newsletters, discussions, lessons, videos, etc. could all be on a teacher's Schoology page.
How to access Schoology
UN: GCSSDACCOUNT@gcssd.org (email@example.com)
PW: GCSSDAccountPassword (ac8372)
UN: GCSSDACCOUNT (acater)
PW: GCSSDAccountPassword (ac8372)
School: Gibson County Special School District
- Username and Password are the same as your GCSSD computer log-in.
- If you do not know your GCSSD account information, please contact your teacher.
- If you receive an error message, please contact your teacher.
Office365 / GCSSD EMAIL / GCSSD Teams
GCSSD is pleased to provide all students in grades K-12 access to Microsoft Office 365 for Education district wide. Microsoft Office 365 for Education will provide students anytime, anywhere access to the Microsoft Office Web Apps for Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote, as well as One Drive for document storage. These tools will enable students to collaborate on projects using any of the web apps.
HOW TO ACCESS OFFICE365 & GCSSD EMAIL & Teams
- Open a web browser. Go to https://office.microsoft.com
- Login using provided username and password
- Username: Student PowerSchool login/school computer login with @gcssd.org added to the end (ie: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: Student PowerSchool password/school computer password
The Office 365 home page will open. This will show all the apps that are available to students, email access (Outlook), and Teams.